A recent publication from the World Economic Forum highlighted the following five skills that present-generation kids need to develop in order to be successful in the future:
1. Creativity - The ability to solve problems in meaningful ways and to think imaginatively across disciplines.
2. Digital skills -The ability to master new forms of digital techs especially algorithm design and data handling.
3. Collaboration -The ability to work with others to perform a complex task and to adjust your actions in relation to other people's needs.
4. Global citizenship -A universal respect for people from other cultures and willingness to embrace diversity, equality, and inclusion.
5. Environmental Stewardship -Understandings of the fragility and finiteness of natural ecosystems and how we can interact with them in sustainable ways
Children's skills may contribute to their development into successful, well-rounded adults and may also contribute to the global economy, as well as creating strong, cohesive, and sustainable communities.